Hall Portrait: Alumni

By Katie Neff '04

Hall Portrait: Alumni

Year Built: 1931

Capacity: 269

Male or Female? Always male.

THEY CALL THEMSELVES: Dawgs, in homage to Clashmore Mike, the original Irish terrier mascot of the Irish who is depicted in bas-relief on the east side of the hall. The first Clashmore Mike arrived on campus in 1930, a gift to Knute Rockne. He was so popular that most later dogs were given the same name. The terrier was the official mascot until the leprechaun was introduced in 1965.…

Read More