A sample of quotes from 20th century American humorist Will Rogers:
- Related article
- Jesters Rule
* The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
* Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. senators.
* There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
* About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation.
* I have a scheme for stopping war. It’s this — no nation is allowed to enter a war till they have paid for the last one.
* The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other.