Next time you have a minute or 90 to spare – and a fast Internet connection – explore the Sights and Sounds section of the Notre Dame website.
Here’s some of what you’ll find:
- Eight 360-degree views of the God Quad, library reflecting pool, inside the Basilica and the Grotto, and other locations (requires a free downloadable browser plug-in).
- Live look-ins 24 hours a day at the Dome, the stadium, Stonehenge (Clarke Memorial Fountain), the North, South and DeBartolo quads, and inside Cushing Hall’s Engineering Learning Center.
- Videos lasting 30 seconds to 11 minutes and ranging in content from a student-recruitment piece to three of the best entries in the Student Film Festival of recent years. There’s also President Franklin Roosevelt accepting an honorary Notre Dame degree.
- Audio recordings of the “Notre Dame Victory March” and “Notre Dame, Our Mother.”
- Dozens of color photographs of campus life and landmarks, including the Irish Guard, the lakes and the band. The pictures are displayed postage-stamp size and grouped in galleries. Click on one picture and it fills the screen.
- Your choice of 16 digital postcards of campus you can e-mail to friends with messages.
New sights and sounds are added often, so check back. Also, web administrators expect to add downloadable wallpaper for your computer’s desktop background soon.